He is cunning, composed and creative, if you want to look at a real footballer, here he is:
What you need:
- a supply of balls
- something resembling a field
- targets (we use flags but anything will do)
- fake players (we use 'soccer wall' mannequins but again, anything will do!
The idea of the drill is for the coach to pass a ball into the player in the center circle (pass can vary, make it hard to develop your touch), player has two touches, one to control, one to play the pass. The flags serve the purpose of the target. Ideally you want the ball to 'thread' between the fake players as if a forward is running onto the ball. The coach has numbered the targets and shouts which number they want the player to hit as they play the initial pass!
Progressions are numerous including:
- the initial ball in is in the air
- the players pass changes to lofted, driven etc etc
Any questions? drop me an email firstname.lastname@example.org